3. When We Collect Information and the Types of Information We Collect. The information we collect will depend on what you do when you visit our site.
When you visit our site. When you visit our Website, our servers automatically log the information provided in the HTTP request header including the Internet Protocol number (IP Address of the computer or router you requested the page from), the time of the request, the URL of your request, and other information that is provided in the HTTP header. We use all of this information to measure visits to our Website and how our Website is being used. We also use this information to improve our Website’s performance and layout and to assess the preferences for our service features.
When you subscribe to the Rental Service. When you subscribe to the Rental Service (as defined in Automatia.net’s Rental Service Subscription Agreement), you are asked to supply the following personally identifiable information: your name, billing address, mailing address, telephone numbers, email address and credit card or other Payment Information. We maintain this information for customer service and marketing purposes.
When you log into your Rental Service account. Each subscriber to the Rental Service is supplied with a personal home page at the login. When you set up your account, you are asked to create and secure access to your home page by supplying us with a unique user name and password. You will also be asked to supply us with personally identifiable information, including your name, billing address, mailing address, telephone numbers, email address and credit card information or other Payment Information. We will collect and maintain all of that information and any other information you provide to us in the future for the purpose of account management, billing and collections, customer support, service management and marketing purposes. We may aggregate anonymous information about your use of the Rental Service, your activity, your membership and subscription purchases and your browsing activity on our Website.
4. How We Protect Personally Identifiable Information. We employ measures designed to limit access to the personally identifiable information we collect to those employees or others who need access to it in order to conduct business and service your account. Our employees are required to maintain and protect the confidentiality of personal information. In addition, we maintain reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personally identifiable information. Finally, companies we hire to provide support services to us are not permitted to use personally identifiable information for their own purposes and are contractually obligated to maintain strict confidentiality. We limit their use of your information to the performance of the specific services that we have requested from them. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password and for ensuring that no minors or third parties access or use in any way your Automatia.net account. Finally, during sessions in which you give us credit card and other payment information, we encrypt your transmissions using Secure Sockets Layer and other security technology. This guards against interception of information while it is on the internet.
5. Our Personally Identifiable Information Disclosure Policy. Other than the limited circumstances described in this Policy or as permitted or required by law, Automatia.net does not share personally identifiable information with third parties. However, we may occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including credit card billing and processing, collections, network hosting, mailing, advertising and marketing services. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. In addition, Automatia.net will not disclose your personally identifiable information, unless we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on Automatia.net or our Website; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Automatia.net, and our creditors (in the event of a dissolution proceeding), and, (3) address circumstances affecting the personal safety of users of Automatia.net, our Website, or the public. In the event Automatia.net goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
6. Privacy Options For Customers. We believe that the information that Automatia.net collects is necessary to ensure the proper account billing, management and operation of the Rental Service. If you do not wish to have this information collected, your only option is to terminate your use of the Rental Service.
7. How We Use Personally-Identifiable Information. Automatia.net may send out periodic email messages to you informing you of product offers that may be of interest to you and/or email messages of technical service issues related to the Rental Service or your account. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these technical service mailings, as they are considered an essential part of the Rental Service you have chosen. Automatia.net may also contact you by telephone with service or account related inquiries or information.
8. Access To Your Personal Information. We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal contact information is correct and current. By visiting your home page at our site, you may obtain information about your account information and current charges.
9. Amendments. We reserve the right to change this Policy. Amendments to this Policy will be effective when posted. You should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Policy, so you are aware of any such revisions to which you are bound.